The John Jay Boosters Club, Inc.
Meeting Minutes – February 3, 2021
Attendance: Lorraine Gallagher, Liz Katz-Gonzalez, Julia Hadlock, Bob Wilmoth, Jill Altneu
Chris McCarthy, Jennifer Summer, Rob Cummings, Randy Samuelson, Greg Degl, Stacey Neumann, Heather Brennan, Rich Ellrodt, and Stacey Wierl.
Called to order: 7:10pm
Approval of January 6, 2021 Minutes: Liz Katz-Gonzalez & Julia Hadlock
Presidents Report: (Lorraine Gallagher)
- Pete is trying to figure out a way to get the notices out to all for the meetings.
- Went through the by-laws to make us in compliance.
- Some wording issues.
- Membership open to the general public.
- Most things can be voted for by a full membership vote.
- No term limits.
- Reviewed Board member position duties.
- Quorum of 3 instead of 4 members to make a majority vote.
- Will vote on changes next meeting.
- Chris Bocklet – Community member now living in Florida- was in a long boarding accident. Recovering in a treatment center. Would like to put on Boosters page if people want to support the GoFundme efforts.
Financial Report: (Bob Wilmoth)
- Donation for $1,000 from KLBS.
- Received the $250 from Wrestling and $250 for Football for the $500 Thalia Award
- Accountant fee was $2,400
- Year to date – Just over $3,000 for membership
- Year to date - $1,300 in general donations
- Easy Merchant was a $45/month fee, which has since been cancelled.
- Lorraine has a check for $1,000 to give to Bob from the auction of the Indians merchandise.
AD Report: (Chris McCarthy)
- Getting things lined up for high risk sports. Things were put into place and then there were new compliance rules.
- Need a new resolution. The BOE will work on that. Goal is to get a Board resolution as soon as possible.
- Need get the COVID Code of Conduct finalized to be distributed, hopefully by the end of this week to be in compliance with the new regulations.
- Must have a 2020/2021 school year physical. If not on file with the nurse, will need one. If had COVID, must get clearance from a Cardiologist.
- Hopeful to start practicing by the weekend.
AD Report Cont’d: (Chris McCarthy)
- 50 Bleacher seats were ordered to be installed.
- Ice time was already scheduled. $500/hour for Ice time a Brewster Ice Arena.
- NYS cancelled Spring sports championship games. Will probably be able to go to the 13th of June.
- Snowstorm and snow in the forecast presents challenges.
- Winter Track- the Armory backed out and became a COVID vaccination center.
- Ski team -challenges are that Thunder Ridge is overloaded. 2 meets cancelled due to snow. Trying to get to Catamount. Had to get approvals. May be able to have races and practices there.
- Hopeful that tomorrows meeting on 2/4 will give some time frames.
- Stacey thanks Chris for getting kids out there, and questioned with no official start date, are they going to be able to keep up the open gyms, and skate sessions.
- Started off season football workouts. They did everything right. Was going to start that up again but had to be cautious.
- For wrestling, in the Section, there will be matches at this point, but if John Jay does, is yet to be determined.
- Director if the Board of Health does not think that wrestling is a great idea.
- Andrew Selesnick is aware of the emotional impact it is having on the kids.
- Lorraine posed the question of multi-Sport athletes. They are anticipating some overlapping, but hopefully that is not more than a week.
- Local Live is in place,so families can watch off campus.
- Fall 2 – Girls swim, football.
- NCAA reclassified boy lacrosse to moderate risk.
- Considering lifting pause with combining MS/HS (ex. Girls hockey). Will revisit during the Spring.
- Basketball will run with around 12 on roster. Smaller rosters than in the past.
- Scholarships – Guidance office will give submitted applications to the Boosters Club. 3 board members plus Chris will review.
Spirit Wear/Merchandise: (Jennifer Summer)
- Jen has been in contact with Carolyn to put together a Spring store. Some ideas were a beach towel, water bottles.
- Lorraine still has Hand sanitizers, tumblers, and masks.
Membership: (Liz Katz-Gonzalez)
- Treasurer reported update to new members.
- Blurb went into the High School community bulletin for membership and information about the Boosters Club.
Senior Flowers: (Liz Katz-Gonzalez)
- Only heard back from the bowling coach for a February 11th senior date with 6 seniors.
Meeting adjourned: 8:40pm
Minutes submitted by: Liz Katz-Gonzalez
Next meeting will be held on March 3, 2021