John Jay Boosters Information
John Jay Boosters Supporters:
Just a few weeks until the 2023-24 school year kicks off!
Teams are getting ready to have their first practices! Before you know it, fall sports will be underway.
Show your support of the John Jay Athletics program by joining as a member or renewing your membership in the John Jay Boosters Club for the 2023-24 school year.
We receive support from across all grades in the K-L School District, from alumni, from teachers & staff, and from community members.
The John Jay Boosters Club was formed in 1981 to support the Katonah-Lewisboro School District's athletic programs and students. We are a public charity under the IRS code 501(c)(3).
The Boosters focus their efforts on raising money through memberships, sponsorships, and donations -- and spending it on the broadest array of programs possible.
We provide a structure to support all teams and encourage 100% participation from all team members and their families. The overall boosters club tries to focus on projects that will benefit the widest population of students.
We also have team accounts with dedicated team treasurers drawn from our fantastic team parents who manage team-focused fundraising to support their specific needs and activities.
Having these team accounts allows the team the flexibility of managing their own unique financial needs and fundraising. At the same time they are operating under the John Jay Booster Club organization for accounting and tax preparation -- so individual teams don't have to to this. We provide an overall organization so individual teams don't have to file non-profit tax returns and do compliance paperwork.
Some of what we do includes:
- General Fundraisers: Golf Outing & Silent Auction fundraiser, Harlem Wizards fundraiser, JJTrail Race fundraiser, Merchandise sales, Concessions at outdoor and indoor athletic events, Poker Night fundraiser. Possible future fundraisers discussed include a Pickleball Tournament, Classic Car Show, and others!
- Spirit Building: Homecoming activities, JayFest event underwriting and organizing, purchasing flowers for all seniors as part of their Senior Day and family recognition, Campus Banners, and others.
- Team Success support: Fan admission for fans of teams that reach end-of-season sectional level competition (when there is a gate charge), End of year All-Section athlete recognition gifts.
- Scholarships: The Club manages 12 athletic scholarships for graduating seniors who meet the criteria for the awards.
- Sponsorships: Local businesses can support John Jay Athletics through the Booster Club.
- Providing an umbrella organization for all John Jay teams both large and small that enable their team treasurers and team parents to focus on team-related items rather than doing individual insurance, tax filing, and compliance paperwork.
- Outdoor scoreboard
- Contest Field
- Campus Banners
- Starting up what has become the best-in-section John Jay fitness center.
- New Tennis Courts
- John Jay Community Trail
- All-weather mobile scorers platform
- New grill and popcorn maker
- Mascot-logoed items for the Varsity Lounge
- Baseball and Softball field improvements
- Ice Bath
- Gym sound system
- Team awards, all-section recognition
- Basketball rebounder
- Hudl software
- Gator purchase
- Indoor concession stand
- AP Farm scoreboards
- ...and more...
We need your support to support our athletes!
Let us know if you have any questions: email email@example.com
See you on the fields, on the courts, in the gyms, in the pools, in the lanes, on the tracks & trails, on the ice, and on the snow!
-The John Jay Booster Club Board